Sunday, December 27, 2009

Honey Mustard Pork Loin


Another recipe I created on my own *pat on the back*
I find the pork was a tad tough, I guess it's due to the thick cut of meat I'm using. Maybe I should use pork chop in future. However, the meat and gravy was yummylicious and Chris loved it.

Ingredients
2 pcs pork loin or pork chops
3 tsp honey
3 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1/2 onion, sliced
salt & pepper

1. Marinade pork with salt and pepper, honey, red wine vinegar, mustard and sugar.
2. Leave in the fridge for a few house or overnight for more intense flavour.
3. Heat oil and cook pork over medium heat for 2 mins on each side until lightly browned.
4. Pour about half the marinade over the pork and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Remove pork.
5. Pour remaining marinade into pan and add in onions. Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes until reduced to thick gravy consistency.
6. Spoon over pork and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment